Greetings!! This is the Web site for Afrocentric Sounds, the playlist/radio station featuring classical music written and/or performed by the African diaspora.
Afrocentric Sounds has a pretty eclectic program of music, reflecting the influence of other music styles–Spirituals, Ragtime, Jazz, Blues, Gospel, and other popular and folk music–on the creation and interpretation of classical music. The station also reflects the presence of Afrocentricity in Europe and the Americas. This is a place where performance of Beethoven or Bach resides comfortably with compositions by Joplin, Ellington, Bonds, etc. To access the station, please click on this link:
The station can also be reached at https://live365.com/station/Afrocentric-Sounds-a96259.
Afrocentric Sounds Radio is also available on your mobile device. The station is hosted on Live365, which has access through the Apple App Store and Google Play platforms.
|Would you like to hear all-vocal music? All-piano music? All-orchestral music? Well, Afrocentric Sounds Radio will program two hours of music especially for you! All times listed are Central time
- Sundays, 9 a.m. until noon – Sacred Sounds: Celebrates sacred music from masses to spirituals
- Sundays, 2 p.m. – New Sounds: Recordings recently added to Afrocentric Sounds Radio
- Mondays, 2 p.m. – Spirituals Sounds: Negro spirituals for solo voice
- Tuesdays, 2 p.m. – Secular Sounds: Art songs and other secular vocal music
- Wednesdays, 2 p.m. – Piano Sounds: Piano music from yesterday and today
- Thursdays, 2 p.m. – Orchestra Sounds: Orchestral music from yesterday and today
- Fridays, 2 p.m. – Opera Sounds: Music from the world of opera
- Saturdays, 2 p.m. – Chamber Sounds: Secular from solo instruments to chamber ensembles
More programming is on the way!
For more information about Afrocentric Sounds, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.